IFSA Winter Meeting 2015 at Slovenian Forestry Institute
Date of publication: 11 March 2015
On Wednesday, 11th of March 2015, a series of project presentations and workshops titled »IFSA Winter Meeting 2015 at Slovenian Forestry Institute
« was held by the Slovenian Forestry Institute (SFI) in collaboration with the Slovenia Forest Service (SFS) as part IFSA (International Forestry Students' Association) Winter Meeting 2015.
The following projects and institutions were presented to more than 30 international students from 12 participating countries
- Slovenian Forestry Institute (Direktor GIS, dr. Primož Simončič)
- EUFORINNO (prof. dr. Ivan Kreft)
- MANFOR C.BD (dr. Urša Vilhar)
- SIMWOOD (dr. Nike Krajnc)
- LIFEGENMON (Domen Finžgar)
- Slovenia Forest Service (mag. Andrej Breznikar)
After the morning presentations, students were invited outside for a Flow learning session
with dr. Urša Vilhar, dr. Peter Železnik and Boris Rantaša.
In the afternoon, the following practical workshops were organised for students:
- EUFORINNO – Microscopy and Laser Dissection (dr. Tine Grebenc, dr. Tanja Mrak)
- MANFOR C.BD – Forest Experiments (dr. Urša Vilhar)
- SIMWOOD – Sustainable Innovative Mobilisation of Wood (dr. Nike Krajnc, mag. Andrej Breznikar)
- LIFEGENMON – Laboratory for Forest Genetics (Marko Bajc)
We are very glad to be able to host some of the brightest future foresters. Their feedback was very positive, which can also be seen from the photos below.
Workshop publication is available HERE
Written by: dr. Urša Vilhar and Boris Rantaša